Saturday, August 27, 2022

Who is Lynelle Clark and why do I write?


I am Lynelle Clark, a multi-genre author since 2012.

As a proud South African, I love my country, its rich history, and diverse nationalities. It has a rich source of ideas which makes creativity so much easier.

I always loved books. Since school, I got lost in the many pages of the local library. Konsalik was my absolute favourite and read each of the translated books available. His gripping stories took me to worlds so different from mine that I could not get enough.

In fact, when I realized he was a German author, I learned the language to become an air hostess and see the world. That dream never realized because of the height restrictions of The South African Airways.

Life happened, and with limited options available to me, I became a stay-at-home parent. Finding peace and solace between the books where I discovered countries and their way of life fascinating. This anchored me, but the craving for more was always alive.

The desire to write was a silent wish I rarely talked about, keeping personal journals year after year until I found myself overwhelmed with life in my late forties. I never thought I was good enough and did not write, but my life’s turning cause a profound change in my thinking. It became a trigger mechanism that launched me into a new season, and I am still exploring the various sides of writing, finding my peace within the walls of books and paper.

I have self-published 4 books to date and authored short stories in my native tongue (Afrikaans) regularly. More books are waiting, characters waiting patiently to tell their stories through my pen, and I plan to publish at least two in 2020. The stories in my mind an ever-growing source of creativity which cannot wait to come out.

Books are essential to our everyday life.

For bookworms, it is important to hold a physical book in their hands instead of reading it on an electronic device. As a book reviewer, I must read the various formats available on my laptop; it is easier and quicker, but it is not the same. A book is authentic. It fits perfectly into your life; you can sit anywhere and enjoy the feel and smell of it while turning the page.

As an author, I have a diverse range of professional experience in various industries. Which gives me the backing to write multi-genre books. Through my passion, vision, dedication, and diligence, I consistently show my love for the book world. As a self-employed author, I have published my first book in August 2012, entitled A Pirate’s Wife.

In 2014, I published Bella’s Choice, a contemporary romance which looks at the alternative lifestyle and the choices that go with it. Blood Mines was a novel about South Africa's acid water problem. In early 2019, I published my very first Afrikaans book, GedagteKringe, filled with fictional stories and nonfiction pieces.

 If it’s in God’s will many more will be published. I have learned to take it as it comes and allow each opportunity to bring me closer to my purpose.


 

As skrywer het ek 'n uiteenlopende reeks professionele ervaring in verskeie industrieë. Wat my die agtergrond gee om multi-genre boeke te skryf. Deur my passie, visie, toewyding en ywer toon ek konsekwent my liefde vir die boekwêreld.

As 'n selfstandige skrywer het ek my eerste boek in Augustus 2012 gepubliseer, getiteld: A Pirate’s Wife.

In 2014 het ek Bella’s Choice gepubliseer, ’n kontemporêre romanse wat kyk na die alternatiewe leefstyl en die keuses wat daarmee gepaard gaan. In 2018 is Blood Mines vrygestel, ’n futuristiese riller oor Suid-Afrika se suurwaterprobleem. Ek het vroeg in 2019 my heel eerste Afrikaanse boek, GedagteKringe, gevul met fiktiewe stories en niefiksiestukke gepubliseer. Opgevolg met ‘n historiese roman, Juweel van die Oosgrens in 2020, en ‘n Militêre Christelike romanse, Love at War in die begin van 2021.

In totaal het ek alreeds 6 boeke self-publiseer en vier boeke in samewerking met mede skrywers die lig laat sien. Dan het ek ook vyf boeke gespookskryf en is verbonde by YouVersion as vertaler. Hierdie is ook my tweede geleentheid as beoordeelaar by Skryf jou storie en Diggroep vir Beginners en Begaafdes wat ‘n aanvullende deel van my skrywerslewe geword het.

As dit in God se wil is, sal baie meer gepubliseer word. Ek het geleer om dit te vat soos dit kom en elke geleentheid toe te laat om my nader aan my doel te bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Eight: How Does Your Future Look Like?

  I want to leave you with the following passage from the Book of Revelation. This section speaks about our future inheritance (nachal). L...