Monday, June 12, 2023

Week 5: Hidden Stains


Stains can be stubborn, so much so that we have to hide them. Then we concoct a reason of why we hide them.

Have you seen these hiding devices in other homes? Maybe it hides your own; crochet lappies, vases, books; they are all things we can use to hide that persistent stain.

We usually hide them out of shame or because we are too busy to handle it. However, both can rob us from the joy of a clean table.

We get stains that really struggle to get out. Stains that you need to revisit, scrub just to cover it once more because of its stubbornness. You try every cure that you can buy, but nothing seems to help.

Are we not like that as well?

Hiding our stains because of shame and fear. What will the people say, or what will God do when He sees it? These are some reasons that motivate us to hide it. (Sounds familiar? Hint: Adam and Eve) I know I do.

Hidden stains can rob you from the freedom to be yourself, your confidence, and can rob you from your relationship with the Heavenly Father and others.

But once you have confronted it, it has lost its hold on you. That feeling of accomplishment, once you have faced it, feels invigorating. As if a heaviness was removed and you can breathe with uncanny freedom.

Do not go through another day hiding your stains from God. He knows it. So, why not confess, and throw away the excuses and live a life of freedom and confidence?

Christ has done a perfect work in us. Nothing is hidden before Him. He knows all, sees all, and wants to take it from you. No stain is so big that it cannot be removed by the blood of the Lamb. Use your stain removal rather than hide it another day. Look that stain in the eye and say, today is the day that I will be set free from your smear. I am cleansed; I am healed, and I am free.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for your faithfulness. Thank you for your ultimate sacrifice that set me free from this stain (name it). Thank you for the victory of the Cross.

I confess my shame and fear and accept your loving kindness. Thank you for removing every stain from my heart, mind, and body. I declare it powerless. Thank you, that all shame and fear has been lifted, and permanently removed from my life by the blood of the Lamb.

I pray for wisdom to be more vigilant in my choices. That I will walk in Godly insight with the full armor as my protection and shield. I choose to stay in the Light of your Word, all the days of my life.

In Jesus’ Name, Amen

©LynelleClark2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Seven: Why Five Smooth Stones?

  1 Sam 17: 40Then he took his staff in his hand; and he chose for himself five smooth stones from the brook, and put them in a shepherd’s...