Monday, June 26, 2023

Week 6: Ignored stains.

 

Ignored stains are the worst kind of stain. It is an ugly thing to look at; especially on top of a beautiful wood table where everyone can see. It leaves an aftertaste for the onlookers and spoil an immaculate life. No matter how hard you ignore it, it will mark your life unless you deal with it.

We all have our reasons why we don’t want to deal with it. It is harmless and won’t hurt anyone, we might think. Or it will take too much time to remove it and will take you away from what you love to do.

Others will say, “I just don’t let it bother me,” but it won’t solve the problem. It will just increase the problem.

In Acts 24, Paul was preaching to a ruler named Felix. Paul reasoned with Felix of “righteousness,” “temperance,” and of the “judgment to come” (v. 25). This caused Felix to tremble. Clearly, he was affected by what Paul had said. Instead of acting on what he had learned, he responded, “Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.” Felix chose to do nothing about his sins. Instead, he chose to ignore them. As far as we know, Felix never found a convenient season to obey God.

We don’t escape responsibility from our sins by ignoring them. Ignoring sin will cause us to be lost eternally. Instead of ignoring sin, a non-Christian must believe (Jn. 3:16), repent (Acts 2:38), confess Christ (Rom. 10:10), and be baptized (Acts 2:38, Mk. 16:16). The Christian who sins must repent, pray, and confess his sins (Acts 8:22, I Jn. 1:8-10).

Don’t find an excuse or allow more time to laps, before you do something about it. Do it now while the time is now.

Prayer

Father, I humbly bring my sin……. (name it) to your table of grace and confess my unwillingness to deal with this. Lord, give me the wisdom to come clean and to allow the Holy Spirit to do his perfect work of healing and restoration in me. Wipe my slate clean, Lord, and show me how not to sin anymore.

I confess Romains 10: 10 over my life: For it is with my heart that I believe and are justified, and it is with my mouth that I profess my faith and are saved.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

©LynelleClark2023




No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Seven: Why Five Smooth Stones?

  1 Sam 17: 40Then he took his staff in his hand; and he chose for himself five smooth stones from the brook, and put them in a shepherd’s...