Monday, May 22, 2023

Week 3: Patterns of Faith


 

Each coffee stain has a unique pattern and can be pretty.

If by any chance you stay calm and forget the mess of the coffee stain to focus on the beauty, it will amaze you. You will notice the elegant swirls, the graceful splatters that create the most interesting images, and like when you see a snowflake, it will fill you with awe.

That is how our faith stains are as well. To us, being so close to the mess, we think of our faith path as one confused muddle. We cannot see any pattern or beauty within. But when a friend points out how your story inspires her, you will notice the graceful patterns and hopeful seasoned splatters that make up your life.

Looking back at our lives, we miss the small things that have made up the faith stains. Things we despise or look down at because of their insignificance. But it is in the small and insignificance we find the truth. A truth, so astounding that it leaves us speechless.

It is called character building. People will see you with fresh eyes. Your manners will change, the way you act changes, and your mind will think anew. You will find a strength you never thought you have, but mostly you discover that your life has meaning.

It sneaks up to you quietly that you miss the small moments where faith has become a mature substance. Your faith will have a newfound hope and new avenues had to open up. You will even find yourself on Straight street where you face your fears and do what you never thought possible. You will become a message bearer with a warrior like quality and every step will be sure.

These patterns can only be observed with a deep knowing of who you are and what you have become. It will swirl around you with a heavenly grace that supersedes any earthly garment. A garment rich with colour, fragrance, and harmony.

These are the stains I want to be remembered for. Not for the messes and the stickiness, but for how I handled myself within each part of my life. May you be an accurate reflection of the Father and your messes be a testimony of your faith.

Look, God makes all things new.

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the fruit of insight in my life. Thank you for equipping me with faith. Even though my knees are scuffed, and my back is bent, I know these stains only emphasize the journey I walked with you. Help me see this and be glad about the stains. Thank you, that these stains enrich my life and strengthen me.

Thank you, that you make everything new.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Twelve: Fear And Despair Has Been Destroyed.

  This is the last day of this bible plan and I trust that I have planted a seed of hope into your life. You can have the victory if you fol...