Monday, December 19, 2022

Creativity 101: Your mind.

 


I wrote to block out my reality.
I wrote to block out all the anger and pain.
I wrote of lost dreams and empty promises all in fiction form to create a happy ending.
I wrote 22 books during that time.
Our mind is a powerful tool.
A tool that can propel us forward or set us in park mode for a long time. Unless we do something about it.
Our mind is controlled by our experiences, cultural surroundings, and emotions. Even the people we hang out with has an effect. This is the reason we should be wary with who we associate.
Our mind is like a sponge that takes everything in, then compartmentalized them into folders. Some to use now, others to use later. And others to use as our momentum to move or stop.
The more you fill it with good, positive things, the more you will grow. Those things are like vitamins to your body.
To be a whole person, you must guard your heart and mind. To be effective in the world.
No matter the bad that has happened in the past, you can change the bad in the good and the ugly in the best by building and growing.
Once you stop...you die.
Back then, I knew my artistic side needed an outlet which spilled over on paper. I was astonished and flabbergasted at the same time. Even ten years later, I still have the thrill of creating something from the words in my mind.
What do you do to feed your mind?
With what do you feed it?
How can you benefit from investing in the good to excel?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Twelve: Fear And Despair Has Been Destroyed.

  This is the last day of this bible plan and I trust that I have planted a seed of hope into your life. You can have the victory if you fol...